So, what does a fire warden and fire marshal do all day?
We were asked this question at a recent fire warden course! So, we asked the fire training course attendees what they thought and these are their answers:
- They did their normal day job!
- They would do a check of the area they work for hazards and availability of escape routes.
- Checking that fire escape routes and fire exit doors are available and open.
- Looking for problems and issues that might start a fire or hinder staff evacuation.
- Checking fire safety measures such as fire alarm call points, fire extinguishers and fire doors in the building are not obstructed or interfered with.
- Talking through fire safety issues to new persons and new starters in their area.
- Making sure that the emergency lighting worked and fire alarm is heard when the building has its weekly test.
- Taking part in fire drills as a fire warden or as an observer.
- Carrying out there fire warden role and implementing the fire evacuation plan in the event of a fire alarm operating
We thought the course delegates produced the perfect fire marshal list and gave them an extra tea break! How do you think they did?
Our fire training courses
Our fire training courses can be delivered at your workplace or at one of our venues. Your staff can also attend one of our open London courses and dates are advertised on our Fire Training London website. We can also provide a discount for large numbers of staff attending an open course.
All of regular and workplace specific courses are accredited and furthermore our attendees receive a training certificate. They also get online course materials that support the programme lessons.
For fire training courses for your premises either call us now on 0207 419 5001 or email now.