General Staff Fire Training Course
Staff fire training
In house courses from just £345 + vat per session. Any number of staff can attend!
This general staff fire training course can be adapted to your organisation’s fire emergency plan and fire risk assessment.
- Fire awareness and fire safety law.
- Classes and types of fire.
- British Standard and EU fire extinguishers colours.
- Extinguishers in the workplace and other areas
- Fire safety tips using fire extinguishers and other equipment.
- Fire hazard spotting and general housekeeping in the workplace.
- Organisation fire emergency plan and content.
Course content and aims
This course will help managers meet legal duties to have trained staff. Staff will be able to:
- Recognise types and classes of small fires.
- How to extinguish fires safely and or take other appropriate action.
- To identify hazards and causes of fire in the workplace.
- Have overview of the organisation’s fire emergency plan and fire risk assessment.
- Fully understand the fire evacuation plan.
This staff fire training course is available as a half day or two hour course. Also, it can be changed to suit your organisation’s specifications . The course follows government fire service best practice advice. All staff taking part receive a certificate of attendance and training online links.
Staff fire training
All staff need fire training and this should include the organisations fire emergency plan and fire evacuation plans. This course can be easily changed to include your plans and specific procedures. Our team can also look at your building before the course so that they can discuss specific fire safety issues.
Our staff fire training courses can include live fire training and up to ten persons can tackle small fires. Also, if there are less than twenty persons on the course, each will get a training certificate.
Frequently asked questions
What should staff fire training include?
Staff fire training should be based on the contents of the fire emergency plan and significant findings of the fire risk assessment. The fire emergency plan details all of the fire safety measures and issues in the workplace.
Therefore, the training content will include:
- Action to be taken on discovering a fire and how to operate the fire alarm.
- Action to be taken on hearing an alarm.
- Fire evacuation procedures and plans. Including normal hours and out of regular hours.
- Arrangements for disabled persons and other persons with reduced mobility.
- Fire extinguishers and other fire-fighting equipment.
- Location of fire exits and assembly point.
The training should be based on the building and plans. The frequency of staff fire training should also be based on the risk and hazards in the workplace.
This link gives more details of legal duties and fire emergency plans .
How often should our staff have fire training and fire drills?
The frequency of fire training and fire drills will depend on the risk in the building. Furthermore, it will depend on the type of workplace and numbers of staff. Also, a manager may need to run further training if there are shift workers.
Most places will have at least two fire drills a year and schools will have three.
Finally, the fire training must be recorded in the fire log book, together with the names of persons trained. Also include, the course content, date of the training and who carried out the staff fire training.
What makes your staff fire training different to other providers?
Our company is an approved fire training centre and we have regular checks to ensure our competence.
The fire training we run is based on a mix of government, British Standards and fire service advice. We originally run this course when we carried out fire training for the fire service.
Also, many providers cannot include a practical fire training session. our company can and we use a training rig and our own fire extinguishers. Your staff can put out small fires safely and while being looked after by our trainers.
Finally, our company can supply references from other clients and customers. Managers can either contact us by phone or email for more details.
Do you run open course and in house fire training courses?
Yes we do run both open and in house fire training courses. In house courses can be arranged at your venue and/or other venues supplied by you. Our open courses are held in London, but we are currently seeking venues in Manchester and Birmingham.
Our open staff fire training courses and in house course last for one and half hours. This may not be right for you and as a result we can tailor to suit your needs.
Finally, do remember that the frequency of fire training depend on the risk and hazards in the workplace.
For my details, managers can either call or email us for more details.